Thorns Revives GR105+ Necromancer Build
He tried GR103 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imvy40v7nYA but most likely quitted because RG was way too passive.
UPDATE 17/07/2017: GR105 cleared in Europe.
Where damage comes from? Elites effectively suicide themselves over your minions, that’s how. All “damage” in this setup is actually 100% reflected damage (monsters hit your minions and get 100% of minion’s thorns back as a result). Minions have no thorns skills to attack so all damage is “passive”. The more minions you have swarming around = the better. This is why you need Revives. They are a CROWD.
There’s a couple of specific things that you need to know about this build which were hard to fit in the video:
It is very Elite and RG dependent build and after around GR100 it’s very fishy. The type of Elite attacks and affixes greatly affect the “chance” to proc reflected damage off your minions. You need rifts full of FROZEN, ARCANES, FROZEN PULSES, JAILER and such. Huge AOE attacks, massive AOE slams.. This way your minions have higher chance to get hit and reflect damage back. Dumb physical brutes with no AOE attacks will take too long to kill, next to impossible sometimes. Illusionists with no extra affixes take FOREVER, so just skip them completely. Juggernaut Frozens can be killed. Same for RGs: RGs with massive AOE attacks can be killed in seconds, while passive dumb ones like Stonesinger can take infinite time.
1) Get as much thorns as possible. Chest, belt and shoulders come first. Shield is very good to have too.
2) Get as much CDR as possible
3) Get as much Physical damage as possible, it scales Thorns directly.
4) Get as much essence as possible, max out in paragon + on weapon and shield.
5) When you see elites = press Land of the Dead and start spamming revives and consume globes to stay alive. Pray for Elites to actually perform some attacks or use affixes to hit as much minions as possible (aoe splash attack or DoT attack like Blighter, frozen pulse and frozen is great too). This will trigger reflected damage and they will die.
6) Passive RGs like Crusader King and dumb physical brutes like Stonesinger can be really annoying and terrible. Some RGs take a lot of time to kill, while some like Blighter and Agnidox die in seconds.
7) Completely avoid Illusionists and Juggernauts without additional affixes like Frozen. They take forever to kill.
8) Remove all STUN,FREEZE, BLIND, etc skills and gear from your follower! Monsters MUST attack your minions and not be stunned!
Useful passives & skills:
1) Extended Servitude is great to help your Revives last longer during LoTD and outside as well. You can try dropping either Blood for Blood or Life from Death for it.
2) Simulacrum – Reservoir is a very interesting choice instead of Frailty curse. If you can time it with LoTD than you can add a huge boost to Revive’s damage. Life drain can be extreme though in this case.